Date of competition: Saturday, Nov. 13
Registration: Online only. Deadline is Nov. 9.
Fees: Entry fees vary depending upon level of competition; please see below. Competitors receive a hand stamp for entry to sand village on Friday and Saturday only. Entry for Sunday and Monday would be purchased separately. All others accompanying the competitors must purchase admission either online in advance at a discount or at the gates.
Check In: Early check-in is Friday, Nov. 12, from noon to 4 p.m. or Saturday, Nov. 13, at 8 a.m. at the main festival entrance tent.
Early-check-in competitors can bring their gear and leave at the site. The festival, however, is not responsible for loss or damage overnight.
- Hatchlings – One or two children under 10 years of age (Parents are permitted to coach from the sidelines). $10.00
- Loggerheads – One or two children, 11-17 years of age. $10.00
- Turtle Bale Youth – (family or friends) – Up to five children, 10-17 years of age. $35.00
- Turtle Bale – (family or friends) – Up to five members per team, 18 years or older. $50.00
- Solo Leatherbacks – One adult, 18 years of age and older. $25.00
Varies depending upon category. Hatchlings: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. All others: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sculptures will be judged by two staff master sculptors directly after competition.
Contestants will be informed of the winners at 4 p.m. at the stage.
Hatchlings at 1:15 p.m. in Amateur Area. All others at 5 p.m. at Quick Sand Stage.
Hatchlings = $25.
Loggerheads, Leatherback and Youth Turtle Bale = $50.
Turtle Bale = $75
For more information, please email Crystalclassicamateur@gmail.com.
- There are only 25 plots and registration is first come, first serve.
- Competitors must provide their own tools; none will be supplied at the event.
- Additional suggested items to bring are sun screen, large brimmed hats, drinking water, towel and snacks.
- No unauthorized people allowed in the plot.
- No use of power tools.
- Sculpture must remain within the boundaries of your plot.
- Only the sand in your plot may be used to create your sculpture.
- No rowdy or dangerous activities. Safe and courteous practices must be observed at all times.
- No coloring of the sand in any way.
- No additives are allowed in the sand. Event officials will apply an environmentally safe preserver to the sculptures after judging to insure they remain standing through the close of the Crystal Classic.
- No umbrellas near the sculptures.
- All forms and framework used must be removed before judging.