Siesta Beach Villas, a modern four-plex, is one of the newer condominiums on Siesta. Built in 2011 to the most recent hurricane and wind codes, the builder incorporated the latest finishes and high-end appliances and fixtures.
Nine-foot tall ceilings, oak wood floors, Wolfe cooktops, a private elevator, over-sized 2-car garages, and a private community garden pool are some of the features of the Villas.
But the location, close to the Village and Beach Access No. 5, is the greatest amenity for owner Rod Ayer. “We’ve had guests visit and we tell them, ‘You can stay here for a week and not see a car.’” Ayer said. “Everything is in walking distance. You can’t beat the location.”
Ayer and his wife Kathleen, who serves as president of the Siesta Beach Villas condo association also enjoy the rooftop balconies featured in the two larger, top units in the building. The couple spends about eight months out of the year at the condo, and the rest of the year in New Jersey.
The four units share the heated garden pool, which Ayer describes as an oasis. “It is very shaded, so in the warmer months, you can do the beach in the morning and sit in the shade and relax,” Ayer told Siesta Sand.
Ayer also said the uniquely-small Beach Villas is a close-knit community. “It doesn’t take long to get to know everyone,” Ayer said. “It is like an extension of your family.”
Most of the owners live part of the year at the Beach Villas and typically don’t rent out their units, although rentals are allowed. Many of the nearby communities allow weekly rentals, but the Villas has a one-month minimum rental policy, which creates a quieter atmosphere and less turnover, Ayer said. The solid concrete and steel construction ensures a quiet setting inside the units, as well — even though the building is close to Siesta Village.
Realtor Bob Ruiz, who has a unit listed for sale in the building, also described the garden pool and landscaping as one of the enhanced amenities of the exclusive community, which is gated.
Inside, from kitchen to bathrooms, the top-of-the-line finishes can be found. “One of the most modern communities on Siesta Key, Siesta Beach Villas affords the latest and greatest finishes and fixtures,” said Ruiz, of Key Solutions Real Estate. Those include: the nine-foot ceilings, high-end appliances such as Wolfe cooktops, premium wood flooring, and tiled kitchen and baths.
The Beach Villas were developed by WSL Development LLC, a Sarasota company managed by Scott W. Lloyd.
Ayer said the developer paid close attention to the details throughout the modern building.
Private garages occupy the first floor of the building. On the second floor, a pair of two bedroom units fill the space. The 1,271-square-foot units feature two full baths and balcony space overlooking the pool.
Larger upstairs units are located on the third and fourth floors. Those units feature 2,725 square feet of air-conditioned space and rooftop decks complete with outdoor grill, TV, fridge, gas fire pit, hot tub and views of the Gulf of Mexico. The larger units feature three bedrooms and two and a half baths. “Abundant outdoor living space including balconies and the rooftop lounge add an additional 1,308 square feet with amazing views of the beach and gorgeous sunsets,” Ruiz said.
A maintenance contractor takes care of the property and is on call for any maintenance issues, Ayer said.
Recent sales and listings:
• One of the two-bedroom, two-bath units is currently listed for sale for $819,000. The unit, listed by Ruiz, of Key Solutions, is furnished. Features of this unit include high custom closets, European style wood cabinetry, quartz countertops, gas on-demand water heater, two covered terraces, and the private elevator to the living level. The listing for the 1,271 square-foot unit comes to $644 a square foot.
The open kitchen, has 2 pantries and island seating for four, houses premium stainless appliances including the Wolfe 5-burner gas cooktop, built-in microwave and oven, Sub Zero refrigerator, and Bosch dishwasher. The master suite with balcony overlooks the pool, and has a walk-in closet, garden tub with separate walk-in shower and dual sinks.
• In January, 2015, one of the larger, 2,725-square foot units sold for $2.365 million, or $868 a square foot. The unit has a chef’s kitchen with a larger 6-burner gas Wolf oven. The unit has room to entertain and Gulf views from the kitchen and dining room.
• Back in March, 2011, before the housing market began to fully recover, the other 2,725 square foot unit sold for $1.25 million, or $459 a square foot, from WSL, the developer, according to Sarasota County Property Records.
• In 2011, one of the two-bedroom units sold, from the developer, for $520,000, or $409 a square foot.
• The two-bedroom unit currently listed for sale was sold by WSL for $527,500 in February, 2011, according to property records.
Realtors Bob Ruiz and Sheri Lasley-Ruiz of Key Solutions Real Estate Group contributed to the sales information used in this article. Other data was compiled from the Sarasota County Property Appraiser Office, Sarasota County Planning & Development Services permits, and Multiple Listing Service (MLS).